Week 10 Reflection: TechEdge in the Classroom

Screen Shot 2015-07-06 at 12.22.23 AMScreen Shot 2015-07-06 at 12.20.01 AMScreen Shot 2015-07-06 at 12.20.31 AM

TechEdge is an incredible resource I will use when I am a future teacher. It has YouTube channel with videos to view which provide diverse apps teachers can use in the classroom. I went to the videos that were directly related to history apps. I viewed three videos, Episode 9, Episode, 49, and Episode 67, that were located in the TechEdge iPad edition for History. One of the videos were related to apps specifically for one iPad classrooms and the two others were solely for history apps. Guy Trainin was the commentator of these apps. He would tell you what the app was, how to use it, and the benefits of getting the app. All of the apps he suggested was free!

Three of my favorite apps TechEdge suggested was World Book-This Day in History, To the Brink, and US History Timeline.  The app “This day in history” gives you interesting historical information for every day. This would be great to utilize in my classroom every day to give one or two important facts to start off the day. “To the Brink” gives information about President Jonathan F Kennedy and the Cuban Missile Crisis. It gives sources, photos, documents, videos, and short explanations of how it all connects. This would be a great reference to use especially when teaching on the Cold War. It would give my students a visual representation of what we are discussing in the classroom. The app “US History Timeline” is a great app to use during our discussion of US history. Looking at this timeline would provide another great visual representation for the students. It also allows for myself and students to research more events on the timeline more in-depth. The TechEdge YouTube channel will be a great resource to continue using to find more useful apps to use in my future classroom!